For more general information about coffees in Guatemala, see Guatemala Coffee.
With a taste that is subtle and mild yet still complex and interesting, Guatemalan Huehuetenango has distinctive and delicate fruity tastes, a fairly light body that can sometimes be slightly buttery, a sweet floral aroma, and a clean aftertaste that lingers pleasantly on the palate.
- Growing Altitude: 1,600 - 1,700 meters above sea level
- Arabica Variety: Bourbon, Typica, Caturra
- Harvest Period: December - April
- Milling Process: Washed, Sun-dried
- Aroma: Floral, Citrus
- Flavor: Chocolate, Sweet, Nutty (slight)
- Body: Full
- Acidity: Bright, Pleasant
Huehuetenango coffee is grown in the highland regions of northern Guatemala, producing perhaps the most distinguished Guatemalan coffee as it is often considered the best in the country overall.
Due to the high quality nature of the Guatemalan Huehuetenago coffees, many have undergone Organic and Fair Trade certification.
Buy Guatemala Coffee Beans
- ✔️ Fresh roasted to order
- ✔️ 100% high qualtiy Arabica coffee
- ✔️ Custom grind (or whole bean)
- ✔️ 1-way valve, laminate bag (for freshness)
- ✔️ Bulk discounts
Green Coffee Production
|Year||60kg bags||Coffee grown|
|2016||3,500,000 bags||462,000,000 pounds|
|2015||3,419,881 bags||451,424,252 pounds|
|2014||3,310,076 bags||436,930,019 pounds|
|2013||3,189,371 bags||420,997,025 pounds|
|2012||3,762,933 bags||496,707,169 pounds|
Green Coffee Exports
|Year||60kg bags||Coffee exported|
Data may not be available for the most recent year.
produced 451,424,252 lbs
exported 399,944,160 lbs
That's over 89% exported!
Sounds like a lot? It's actually 2.3% of the coffee grown worldwide.
(that's 3,937 to 5,578 ft)