The Coffee Nudge is a fantastic cold-weather drink, but it can be enjoyed year-round. It makes use of both coffee and chocolate flavored liqueurs combined with real coffee to provide a nice balance of pick-me-up and take-the-edge-off.
The real stand-out ingredient here is the Brandy, which brings a little flavorful kick and sets this apart from your standard coffee/chocolate drinks.
Coffee Nudge Recipe
- ¾ oz Creme de Cacao
- ¾ oz Coffee liqueur (eg. Kahlua)
- ½ oz Brandy
- 6 oz Coffee hot brewed
- 1.5 oz whipped cream
- Combine creme de cacao, coffee liqueur and brandy in an irish coffee cup
- Slowly pour hot brewed coffee
- Top with whipped cream
The coffee nudge can be made all year-round, but the combined effects of warm coffee and alcohol make it ideal for colder weather. This isn't quite a winter holiday drink, making it more suitable for chilly autumn days.
- a bolder, dark roasted coffee will bring out more coffee flavor
- use a small-distillery version of a coffee liqueurs for more nuance
- make sure to use a glass with a handle, or a double wall mug to avoid burning your hands
A few changes can be made to better suit your tastes:
- you can use espresso instead of brewed coffee for additional coffee flavor
- topping with cinnamon powder, or chocolate shavings makes this a little fancier