One of the easiest coffee recipes to make is a straight-up Baileys and Coffee.
We love this recipe because the name says it all: take some coffee, add Baileys. Done.
You can adjust the ratio to suit your personal taste preferences, all the way up to half-and-half.
And if you really want to treat yourself, try this Baileys coffee cake recipe.
Baileys and Coffee Recipe
- 6 oz coffee fresh brewed
- 2 oz irish cream liqueur baileys
- Preheat mug by rinsing with hot water to keep the coffee from cooling too quickly
- Comebine Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur and hot coffee in a cup
- Optional: top with whipped cream and cinnamon powder
While this is sometimes referred to as an "irish coffee", it isn't one in a true sense. The original recipe calls for irish whiskey and fresh cream to be combined with coffee, along with a spoonful of sugar.
The calories in this coffee from the sugar, liqueur and dairy, not the coffee itself.
While Baileys has made it extra easy to make a very similar drink, the ingredients and ratios are more designed to be shelf-stable and mass produced, changing it to the point it classifies as it's own "irish cream liqueur".
See our actual recipe for an irish coffee.
Due to the simplicity of the recipe, making any changes can drastically change the flavor, which makes experimenting fun.
- try using half the amount of Baileys, and add Kahlua or other liqueurs
- whiskey works very well to pare back the sweetness and boost the alcohol content
Flavors can also be varied by changing the origin of the coffee used, though the heavy dairy and sugar content will mask the more subtle nuances.
African coffees (Ethiopia, Kenya) will contain more fruity notes, and have more vibrancy thanks to their higher acidity.
Coffees from Indonesia, and Sumatra in particular, might offer the best flavor thanks to their spices, which would complement the creamy taste of Baileys extra well.
Finally, make sure you're using the right amount of coffee per cup.
Buy Gourmet Coffee Beans
- ✔️ Fresh roasted to order
- ✔️ 100% high qualtiy Arabica coffee
- ✔️ Custom grind (or whole bean)
- ✔️ 1-way valve, laminate bag (for freshness)
- ✔️ Bulk discounts